On July 1st, approximately 14,456 shares of the Company’s common stock were purchased by employees of the Company under the Company’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Over 63% of these purchases were by the Company’s executives, and were subsequently reported on Form 4s filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Our ESPP is an opportunity for all employees to purchase Company common stock directly from the Company at a fixed discounted price. Through regular and voluntary payroll deductions, employees accumulate funds towards their purchase of stock at a 15% discount on the lower of the closing prices of the Company’s common stock on the first day or the last day of the offering period. This offering period began on January 1 and ended on June 30.
I am very excited to see that 25 executives and other employees participated in the program. I feel that this participation demonstrates the dedication and support of our employee base in NeoStem’s vision and mission, and is putting some of their salaries directly into our stock to hopefully take advantage of its growth. Management continues to have a healthy amount of stock ownership as shown by our beneficial ownership figures of 11.9% of the outstanding shares of NeoStem as of May 8, 2014.
420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 350
New York, New York 10170
Phone: (212) 584-4180
Fax: (646) 514-7787
Eric Powers, Manager of Communications and Marketing
Phone: (212) 584-4173
Forward Looking Statements
This blog contains “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as well as historical information. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause our actual results, performance or achievements, or industry results, to be materially different from anticipated results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. When used in this blog, statements that are not statements of current or historical fact may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Without limiting the foregoing, the words “plan,” “intend,” “may,” “will,” “expect,” “believe,” “could,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” or “continue” or similar expressions or other variations or comparable terminology are intended to identify such forward-looking statements, although some forward-looking statements are expressed differently. We remind readers that forward-looking statements are merely predictions and therefore inherently subject to uncertainties and other factors and involve known and unknown risks that could cause the actual results, performance, levels of activity or our achievements or industry results, to be materially different from any future results, performance levels of activity or our achievements or industry results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such forward looking statements appear in this blog. Factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from anticipated results expressed or implied by forward-looking statements include, among others:
• our ability to obtain sufficient capital or strategic business arrangements to fund our operations and expansion plans, including meeting our financial obligations under various licensing and other strategic arrangements, the funding of our clinical trials for product candidates in our development programs for our Targeted Cancer Immunotherapy Program, our Ischemic Repair Program and our Immune Modulation Program, and the commercialization of the relevant technology;
• our ability to build and maintain the management and human resources infrastructure necessary to support the growth of our business;
• our ability to integrate our acquired businesses successfully and grow such acquired businesses as anticipated, including expanding our PCT business internationally;
• whether a large global market is established for our cellular-based products and services and our ability to capture a meaningful share of this market;
• scientific and medical developments beyond our control;
• our ability to obtain and maintain, as applicable, appropriate governmental licenses, accreditations or certifications or comply with healthcare laws and regulations or any other adverse effect or limitations caused by government regulation of our business;
• whether any of our current or future patent applications result in issued patents, the scope of those
patents and our ability to obtain and maintain other rights to technology required or desirable for the conduct of our business; our ability to commercialize products without infringing the claims of third party patents;
• whether any potential strategic or financial benefits of various licensing agreements will be realized;
• the results of our development activities, especially:
• the results of our planned Intus Phase 3 clinical trial of NBS20 being developed to treat metastatic melanoma;
• the results of our PreSERVE Phase 2 clinical trial of NBS10 being developed to treat acute myocardial infarction for which we released initial data on November 17, 2014 and for which all 6 and 12 month data has been collected; however it is subject to ongoing analysis, and currently reported results, although promising, are preliminary and there can be no assurance that further analysis may not reveal negative, or less promising, results;
• our ability to complete our other planned clinical trials (or initiate other trials) in accordance with our estimated timelines due to delays associated with enrolling patients due to the novelty of the treatment, the size of the patient population and the need of patients to meet the inclusion criteria of the trial or otherwise; and
• the other factors discussed in “Risk Factors” in our Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“the SEC”) on March 2, 2015, and elsewhere in the Annual Report on Form 10-K.
The factors discussed herein, including those risks described in Item 1A. “Risk Factors” in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on March 2, 2015 and in the Company's other periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) which are available for review at www.sec.gov under “Search for Company Filings” could cause actual results and developments to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such statements. All forward-looking statements attributable to us are expressly qualified in their entirety by these and other factors. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. Except as required by law, the Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.